IMPORTANT NOTE FOR STAFF MEMBERS: DO NOT be afraid to voice your opinion! The server has no chance of changing if such a big chunk of the community is silent! Please, voice your opinion, be it good or bad, I don't want to see voices being stifled in fear of losing a position, if that happens, then the server's chances of changing go down massively. If enough of a response is made, making a change will become priority (I hope).
*******BEFORE YOU READ:*******
- This is NOT a rant, these are things I've noticed in my time playing GGS that should be changed, built upon, or modified.
- My goal is NOT to anger anybody, constructive, not destructive.
- I genuinely want to help the server.
- Please tell me if I have gotten anything wrong, I'll edit it.
- Let the community speak, this is mainly for staff members, do not lock this thread and be done with it, I would like to see what reaction (be it positive or negative) this gets from the playerbase.
- This is NOT me asking for a server reset! I do not want a server reset, that is a last resort which should not be a go to fix. What I want is a change to better the future of the server.
-New player rules need to change
-Gun making system needs to change (maybe?)
-The community needs a say about what is going on for the future of the server**************
-Rules regarding PVP need to change to favour both the roleplayers of the server AND the pvpers
-New jobs, ways to make money, and ways to spend money for people who are incredibly rich need to be introduced
OK, look, I know this is probably controversial, but i really think the current gun making system is broken as fuck. I know the old gun making system wasn't perfect but it was for sure better than what we have now. Guns are waaaaay too easy to craft. Big gangs are running around with expensive guns without the care of losing the gun because they have another 50 in their bank that they can whip out and run around with over and over and over. Individual players and small groups stand no chance against people pretty much infinite munitions at their disposal. A lot of the charm has been taken away from the server as well, as people don't grind anymore, they buy a few parts then click one button to make a gun instead of having to learn the parts they need, and because of this, when players roam with weapons, they do not care if they lose them, which takes away from the general experience of the server.
On top of this problem with gun mechanics, I think that the new player rules are pretty stupid, and Heavy, look, I know all you want is to make the experience for the new players to be as good as it can be, but making new players immune to a big chunk of the server's roleplay rules is bad for a number of reasons, from this system being easy to abuse, to new players not getting the full experience of losing it all, and then starting up back at it once again. On top of the rules taking away from the overall experience, they DO NOT fix ANYTHING, they just delay the inevitable, the only benefit they have for new players is to give them a VERY general gist of the server, as most new players spend their time running around not knowing what to do, and the ones that do know what they are doing obviously do not need the grace period. To prove my point, I had an experience with new players that gave me some hope for maybe seeing the new player rules change. The story goes like so: I am playing cop doing a raid on a property because drug making equipment was seen inside. Once inside, me and my fellow officers come across two players, both were new to the server. These players had a massive weed and methamphetamine setup costing likely over $300k which is a fortune for new players. I felt bad for ruining what these players must have spent so much time on, so I said, "Holy crap, I feel sorry for you!", to which the new player responded with, "Oh, It's OK, its part of the experience.". That line gave me a lot of hope for the future of new player rules, as it showed that new players ARE CAPABLE of dealing with great setbacks, even at the lowest points.
As well as all of this, the power that the community has over the future of the server is slim to none, suggestions about rule changes are generally ignored or locked, and other suggestions are most of the time just ignored. The server needs to give the community some say, be it small, large, or anywhere in between, it just needs to be more than it is at present. The next topic, PVP and roleplay rules, also relates to this. PVP is obviously a massive part of the server, but it seems that over the servers life, a massive decrease in the popularity of roleplay has taken place, and big gangs focused on a PVP playstyle have surfaced. Due to the majority of the playerbase being preteens or teenagers (such as myself) many of these gangs are led by this demographic, and this demographic does NOT know how to deal with responsibility, power, or managing a group, and as a result of this, their members become toxic,
kill hungry players only there for the PVP. Having players on the server for the sole reason of PVP is not necessarily a bad thing, but the aspects of PVP and roleplay need to balance out, and at the moment, PVP has taken over.
Lastly before I talk about what changes need to be made, comes the problem of players becoming bored with the server. From my experience (myself and friends) the most prominent reason players quit the server is one of two reasons; ONE, players become bored with the server, as they have reached the goals they wanted to reach, and have no reason to play the server due to the vacancy of new content being introduced.
TWO, players are fed up with the PVP community and want a break from not being able to trust everyone and constantly being killed.
***WHAT NEEDS TO CHANGE***
(feel free to suggest more things in the replies and ill add them)
-New player rules are a hard topic, they should not be removed, but maybe lightened.
Say you can only initiate on new players if they pose a direct threat to players. (maybe also gang initiation doesn't apply to new players and it is only the initiating player)
***WHAT HAS BEEN DONE/IS BEING DONE***
(updated as server grows and changes)
- Staff are taking steps to lead by example and balance out roleplay and PVP aspects throughout the server.
-Roleplay is not a pretty average aspect of the server, I don't see anymore problems with PVP outweighing roleplay.
***WHAT YOU AS A PLAYER CAN DO***
- PLEASE HELP NEW PLAYERS!!!! If we can show the server managers that New Players can be apart of the community and we can play side by side with them, then this will greatly increase the trust we as a playerbase have and what say we have in the future.
- Try to roleplay a bit more! Help the Staff out by also leading New Players down the right path, where instead of either teaching them how to break rules and be an overall nuisance to the server, you roleplay with them. Even if you as a player do not want to roleplay, please don't disturb, witchhunt, or ruin other people who are trying to roleplay (i.e, destroying peoples' props if they are making a base, excessively holding up people outside the roleplayer's building/home, etc...)
- DO NOT BLAME THE STAFF! The Staff team is doing a lot, and I know players will see this and say, "What do you mean? Staff team is trash!" but seeing what their goals are and what they are actively trying to do is very refreshing, so please, leave the staff alone.