Linus Mexican Staff Application #2 - The Squeakquel
Age [Min Age 15]:
How much time can you dedicate to this position?:
10-15 hours per week minimum, increasing during holiday periods.
Do you have a functional microphone?:
Do you use Discord?:
Are you familiar with ULX?
Do you fully understand our rules?:
Have you been banned from GGS.sx before?:
Yes, it has been a while though.
If so, what for?:
A few minor offences - Prop Abuse, RDM, etc.
Have you either previously applied for staff or been staff on GGS.SX?:
If so, what happened?:
I achieved the rank of Administrator. (pogfish.mp4)
What is your Trello account? (https://trello.com):
Are you currently staff on any other Garry's Mod server?:
If so, what game mode and server?:
Do you have any previous experience as a staff member?:
Other than GGS, no.
If so, what server(s) and what happened?:
Why should we choose you as a staff member rather than someone else? (Min. 150 words):
I really enjoyed my time as a staff member on GGS previously, and am looking to come back and once again help the community. I do not believe that I am overqualified compared to other candidates, but I do believe what sets me apart is my dedication to professionalism and impartiality. I also hope to provide the perspective to players of someone who has spent many hours in their shoes while enacting my role as a staff member, and I will make sure to continue to involve myself in the community if I were to be accepted, so that I may be able to show empathy in my decisions as a staff member. Finally, I can dedicate a significant amount of time to the Staff team, as Garry's Mod is the main game that I play and I get enjoyment out of helping the community and taking tickets. To summarise, I believe that I could become a valuable asset to the staff team because of my dedication to professionalism, my commitment to impartiality, my ability to show empathy for players, and the signifiant amount of time I can give to the staff team.
Any recommendations from other staff members?:
Super Administrator Jeremy Wong
Administrator Russ Johnson
Super Administrator Mater Mater
Super Administrator Seven RBT
Enforcer Daddy Long
Administrator Thomas Thorn
Administrator Robbie Lacosa
Moderator Ill Ill
Super Administrator David Blues
You get a report that someone RDM'd another user, how would you handle the situation? What steps would take to rectify the situation?:
I would go to (!goto) the ticket-caller and use the admin stick to revive them and also bring the accused (!bring) to the sit.
1. Ask the person who reported the incident to first explain the situation and the reason behind their ticket.
2. Check the logs to see if they can shed any light on the situation.
3. Ask for evidence/staff witnesses, and if that fails, civilian witnesses.
4. If steps 1-3 fail to provide any evidence of RDM, I would return the accused, then I would apologise to the reporter and assure them that I will keep an eye on the suspect, and then I would spectate the player for a period of time, to see if a similar incident occurs.
5. If I were to find evidence of RDM, I would warn the guilty (!warn) player for RDM and request a ban if necessary (@ Requesting a ban). I would then leave the victim alive and return to RP, informing them that they can also submit a compensation claim on the forums if they feel as though they were adversely affected by the RDM.
You see 2 players constantly metagaming, you've warned them twice already and they are still doing it, what would you do in this situation?:
In this situation, I would;
1. Find an appropriate area for a sit and bring the offenders (!bring).
2. I would then proceed to inform them that this is their 3rd offence and ensure that they know what they have done wrong.
3. Once I have completed my due diligence, I would request that they are banned (Metagaming 3rd Offence) for the appropriate amount of time given their previous actions.
You see someone flinging props around and prop flying, how would you handle this?:
Firstly I would use my Physgun to freeze them instantly, stopping the situation. Then I would;
1. Go to them and explain that what they did is in violation of the server rules.
2. Then I would check if they have any prior warnings for the same offense to see if this is a reoccurring issue.
3. If they do not have any prior warning I would warn them for prop push and return them to RP.
4. If I were to discover that they had many previous warnings for prop pushing I would request a ban for the appropriate amount of time given their previous offenses.
5. Once this is complete I would make sure that the environment in which they prop pushed is returned to the state it was in previously (repairing and moving cars, healing players, etc.)