In-Game Name: Gherkin Panther
Age [Min Age 15]: 15
How much time can you dedicate to this position?:
The minimum I could give is at least 7hrs.
Do you have a functional microphone?:
Do you use Discord?:
Are you familiar with ULX?
No I am not, but could become familiar with it if needed.
Do you fully understand our rules?:
Have you been banned from GGS.sx before?:
If so, what for?:
I have been banned from GGS.SX because I RDMd people, left during a sit, and I think prop abuse, but this was all a long time ago and I have since then become a better player on the server.
Do you have any active warns?:
If so, how many?:
Have you either previously applied for staff or been staff on GGS.SX?:
I do not believe I have.
If so, what happened?:
What is your Trello account? (https://trello.com):
Are you currently staff on any other Garry's Mod server?:
If so, what game mode and server?:
Do you have any previous experience as a staff member?:
If so, what server(s) and what happened?:
Why should we choose you as a staff member rather than someone else? (Min. 150 words):
I believe that I, Gherkin Panther, should become a staff member rather than someone else because I am patient, understanding, responsible, and more importantly, a leader and role model to others when I need to be. When I first joined GGS, I felt like the shenanigans that people get up to can be fun. I want to ensure that if I became a staff member, other people would feel the same towards the server and all the people who play.
Although I tend to be quiet and nice to people, I can be firm and assertive when others need me to. I know that in the past I have been a rule breaker and have been given warns, and even banned on some occasions, but I believe that the person I am now is different to who I was then. I follow the rules and try to report any people who are making GGS not fun. I have recently joined the NEPD and even more recently, finished my ride-alongs, making me a non-probationary Constable, which I am proud of to have accomplished. This is why I feel that I should become a staff member rather than someone else.
Any recommendations from other staff members?:
You get a report that someone RDM'd another user, how would you handle the situation? What steps would take to rectify the situation?:
1) Claim ticket and go to or bring the person (to an Admin-only area) who made the ticket
2) Ask for his/her side of the story
3) Check logs to see who killed them
4) Bring the killer and ask for his/her side of the story
5) If both stories do not match up, then ask the person who reported it for any evidence that it was in fact RDM
6) If the ticketter provides sufficient evidence that I was RDM, warn the killer OR decide if they deserve a ban. If they do not get a ban and instead get warned but the killer already has too many active warns, ban them for the right amount of time.
But, if the ticketter does NOT provide sufficient evidence that it was RDM, return both players to Role Play.
You see 2 players constantly metagaming, you've warned them twice already and they are still doing it, what would you do in this situation?:
1) Bring them both to an Admin-only area and ask why they are continuing to metagame after the 2 warns.
2) Warn them again and tell them that the next time they are caught doing it, they will get severely punished.
3) If they are caught again, warn them, OR decide if they should be banned for the right amount of time.
You see someone flinging props around and prop flying, how would you handle this?:
1) Freeze them and bring them to an Admin-only area.
2) Ask why they prop abused.
3) Warn them for prop abuse and check if they have enough active warns to be banned.