GGS.SX Starting Guide GGS.SX Is a completely different roleplay mod from other roleplay mods such as DarkRP! Even though it is in the DarkRP tab it isnt DarkRP!
One your joined the server if you find missing textures such as ERRORS of purple/black textures please go to the Workshop Collection
to download the textures and head over to the downloads page
to download HL2 and CS:S download pages if you dont own those games and follow the download instructions for the textures on the new map.
Before you set out to start roleplaying it’s extremely important that you read over all of our detailed rules as this will create a strong understanding of the gamemode overall if you take in every rule. The last thing you want is to be breaking rules and be punished for your actions, so please read the rules and try to remember the most important ones. You can view the rules here; GGS.SX Rules
The map can be slightly difficult to navigate through but eventually you’ll learn where every NPC location is to ensure you waste no time in becoming the richest and best out there. Hold M to open the Minimap. If you don't want the minimap on your screen, hold Q and disable it in the settings. Other hud elements can also be disabled here for players who may want a less cluttered screen.
If at any time you need any assistance from our staff members you can quite simply create a staff ticket by typing @ I need some help.
Your ticket can be processed much quicker if you are specific in your ticket and give us a small summary of what you need, as it assists us in understanding your situation as soon as we possibly can.
As stated in the rules, always understand the difference between OOC and using Advert. OOC will be used for anything out of character and advert will be used for any advertisements for selling goods or advertising a shop, or possibly selling weaponry if you have the correct licenses. (CCW Permits and Class 2 Permits are obtainable by Superintendents or higher in the police department.)
Now if you aren’t quite ready to get started on making drugs and such I highly suggest looking into some passive jobs around the city to assist you in earning a bit of cash to get started further into this wonderful gamemode; City Worker
- Mow grass for money. Sales Truck Driver
- Drive a truck around town and sell items to people. Mail Truck Driver
- Deliver the mail to different locations around the map to earn money. Taxi Driver (Requires 12hrs)
- Drive a taxi around the map and assist players in getting to their destinations. Sanitation Worker (Requires 2hrs)
- Collect trash from bins to earn a decent amount of money. Firefighter (Requires 4hrs)
- Put out fires to make the city fire-free . Paramedic (Requires 8hrs)
- Revive and Heal players to keep the city operational. Lawyer (Requires 24hrs)
- Help prevent the police from arresting the man that did nothing wrong. Police (Requires Police Whitelisting)
- Fight crime and stop robberies and drug busts, keeps the city clean of criminals. Prosecutor (Requires Police Whitelisting)
- Help put the bad people behind bars in court cases. Tow Truck (Requires 48hrs)
- Repair and Tow broken down cars. Impound cars for $1000.
Time requirements on specific jobs is to prevent trolls from joining the server and mining at the expense of good rp. These limitations can be bypassed if you are a donor ($5 for all jobs except police) but is not an obligation.
The aim of the game is to have fun and absorb yourself into the role you play. If you need help, just ask someone or read another guide.
Best of luck :D General Tips:
The fastest way to connect to the server, open console and type: connect ggs.sx
The easiest job for new players is City Worker to earn money.
If you're car is stolen and successfully taken to the chop shop, its deleted from the game. The thief will receive 60% of what the car was worth. Remember to lock your car and never leave it unattended for too long.
If you die and logout to avoid the death penalty, you will relog dead.
If you are in an Organisation, all member who are online will appear in your phone contacts automatically and you will be able to see the names of members above their heads.
If you don't want your number publically listed, open your phone and click directory and uncheck the display box.
To obtain weapons and ammo, you need to craft them.
If you need some extra starting money, join the steam group and you will automatically be given a reward ingame.